Old 09-07-2009, 02:22 AM
drmikegallant
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To our friend, Big6

Big6. Do you propose that I put a clutch interlock switch on my dad's 1932 Model A? How about my '75 Mercedes Benz 240D with 498,028 miles on the original engine (has not run over any little girls while starting yet). Should I stay up nights worrying about nearly 30 farm vehicles without switches? How about my old motorcycles? Perhaps we should install more pedals in boats, so I don't accidentally run over baby fish?

I'm not sorry for my first post. I am not an inferior being because I have not posted on this forum as many times as you or others. I can't believe I posted asking for people to avoid this kind of dialogue, and it's exactly what I got. I don't know which one of your buttons I pushed, but if it really was something to do with the clutch interlock, then maybe you should listen to some of the people who are telling you to chill, because this is now full blown out of control ranting and raving you're exibiting. If I opened up some old wound where you personally lost your daughter when you started a vehicle in gear that was missing a jumpered clutch interlock switch, only then might I owe you a half-hearted apology.

Pease read this next bit carefully. You can't control other people, and you have no business trying to. You can persuade people, and that may come with the price of failure from time to time. If you were ever trying for persuasion, you lost the battle immediately with your aggressive rhetoric. I still own the truck, and now more than ever I believe that you have no business telling me what to do with it. I don't know you, I've never met you, I never addressed you specifically. You speak with such aggression that I can't imagine that any advice you're giving has come from your brain... it has come from your cold, black heart. Have you ever taken advice from someone who has made it clear that they hate you?

I didn't ask you WHAT to do, I asked a forum of people HOW to do. This is really a grammatical misinterpretation on your part, and it need not cause you alarm. I choose to refrain as much as possible from the CAPS and bold, italicized red text because it is an eyesore and it implies that you can't communicate without screaming- even when you are writing. Louder is not better, unless maybe it is your truck's exhaust. In the end, these posts are an eyesore. (not to mention my brain is hemmoraging just thinking about arguing over such a mundane topic) I've posted on countless forums for years, and never encountered such viciousness or contempt except when on forums filled with kids who really didn't understand that the Internet is full of real people. Do try to remember that we're real people here on the Internet. Do you speak to people this way in person? Has it worked before?

It's simple enough- if you disagree with my decision to jumper my switch, you can say so, no problem. It's off-topic, but at least it isn't harrassment. The personal attacks, and the "I want to be the first NOT to welcome you to the forums" is not appropriate here or anywhere, and I think maybe you should have learned that by the time you were old enough to tie your shoes.