Old 09-06-2009, 05:14 PM
BigSix1
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by quicklook2
hard to believe posters are fighting about this.
Yeah, well, you know, Quicklook--some people get a little concerned about matters of public safety.

Of course, others may miss the rather "nuanced" nature of this debate--1966Tbird being a prime example of this. Overriding a safety device like a clutch interlock is NOT the same as someone ripping off EFI and pollution equipment and poisoning the air for everyone, as the increased pollution won't outright KILL anyone, at least not immediately. To attempt to equate overriding a clutch interlock with switching from EFI to a carb (as 1966Tbird did) is to attempt to create a FALSE EQUIVALENCY between "apples and oranges" but, again, that is "too nuanced" for some.

From someone as perceptive as you, however, Quicklook2, I must say I did expect better....

What, exactly, is "hard to believe" about someone getting excited about a non-interlock-equipped truck CRUSHING a little girl's head, as is described, below?

Seems pretty clear to me--you override your clutch interlock, you render your vehicle MORE HAZARDOUS to those around you.

What, specifically, is so inaccessible about that concept? (See red text, below).

Big Six

Originally Posted by kc0rey
I'm old enough to remember when trucks (or cars) didn't have safety interlock switches. I remember back in the early 1970s, a little girl (9 or 10 years old) was playing in daddy's truck, turned the key, and it started up in gear. She ran over her little sister. It crushed her head.

I have had trucks that had the clutch interlock switch jumped. I know how it is done. I would never recommend it of tell anybody how to do it. Most folks would do fine with-out it.....some don't.

BTW, I have always replaced the switch on my trucks that had the switch jumped. It is fine when you need to get home, but it is cheap insurance. And these switches are cheap...I think the last one I bought was $14 at O'Reiley's.

You really have allot of nerve. Coming on here (or any Forum) as a first time poster with an attitude like that is not a good idea. Personally, I don't care much for anything you had to say. I don't think anybody will care what you have to say. Your post makes you look like a fool.

I'll be the second to NOT welcome you to the forum. I hope nobody notices we live in the same state.

The only GOOD reason to bypass that switch is to get you home.