Old 09-05-2009, 07:22 PM
drmikegallant
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aint workin hard enough

Thanks for the warm welcome! I love making new friends!

I guess you're all right, I don't work hard enough, though. All I did in the last few days was move a couple grain bins on my farm... so I must be a lazy piece. I do know how to clean my boots before I get in a 6000 pound vehicle with a 7.5 liter engine. The clutch interlock won't save you from a pedal slipping off once the engine is fired up!

Here's a make-believe story for you all: fireman needs to get in the truck and move it, but my intelock switch and grommet have failed multiple times because.. frame is slightly bent or who knows what... so he goes to start it and... it doesn't start. Truck won't move and now a school full of children burns down to the ground. See, in my hypothetical more children die, I must be right.

I use my truck on my farm, believe me I know how to work on it and what the systems are. I'm sorry I offended your little truck forum, and I'm sorry that I have at times worn a tie. I'm also sorry that so many of you think you're right, again, when you don't know who I am or why I jumpered my truck interlock switch after wrestling with it off and on for 3 years. I even fabricated a new grommet out of metal to make sure that it wouldn't have trouble, and even that eventually failed.

I'm SHOCKED that so few other members here have had the same trouble with their interlock switch that I have. I was pretty sure that Ford's engineering had failed again and again, but obviously there's more to it. Perhaps my chassis is warped or something (it's a rebuilt title, who knows what keeps failing for sure)

I grew up driving tractors and an old Model A, and I assure you, you have no business telling me what to do with my clutch interlock switch. When that girl ran over her sister... it was not the fault of a missing safety switch. It was an irresponsible parent that left children unsupervised and a vehicle with the key still in. WTF indeed.