Old 09-05-2009, 01:09 AM
kc0rey
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by drmikegallant
Bob, you weren't late, but early. Thanks very much, I'm going to try this too as I've been dealing with clutch interlock bull**** on and off for several years.

I know I'm new to this forum, and I don't think anyone here will check this... but if you're reading this and thinking about posting:

Stop wasting our time and yours saying "just fix it right" when you haven't the first clue about the problem. What good does it do to answer a question "how do I bypass the clutch interlock switch", with "don't, replace the switch"? I can imagine several legit reasons for needing to bypass this switch... one of those reasons being "cause I feel like it". Your posts really bung up an otherwise good diagnostic site, neglect to respect other members' decision making, and show everyone how you are the sort of person who seems to know the answer even though you don't understand the question.

To make up for this annoying scolding I'm delivering, I promise to actually take and post pictures and a proper description of how to bypass this clutch interlock switch. It seems pretty obvious to me that plenty of our trucks will need this after getting old and/or wrecked. Also, those of us who are working on this switch are smart enough to know why we're pushing the clutch when we turn the engine over. If you have a 16-year-old driver who can't grasp transmission and clutch concepts, then don't put them behind the wheel of the 7.5 liter manual dually whether it has the switch or not. DUH.
I'm old enough to remember when trucks (or cars) didn't have safety interlock switches. I remember back in the early 1970s, a little girl (9 or 10 years old) was playing in daddy's truck, turned the key, and it started up in gear. She ran over her little sister. It crushed her head.

I have had trucks that had the clutch interlock switch jumped. I know how it is done. I would never recommend it of tell anybody how to do it. Most folks would do fine with-out it.....some don't.

BTW, I have always replaced the switch on my trucks that had the switch jumped. It is fine when you need to get home, but it is cheap insurance. And these switches are cheap...I think the last one I bought was $14 at O'Reiley's.

You really have allot of nerve. Coming on here (or any Forum) as a first time poster with an attitude like that is not a good idea. Personally, I don't care much for anything you had to say. I don't think anybody will care what you have to say. Your post makes you look like a fool.

I'll be the second to NOT welcome you to the forum. I hope nobody notices we live in the same state.

The only GOOD reason to bypass that switch is to get you home.