Old 08-31-2009, 08:24 PM
ljutic ss
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cabinman
Wow.. helpful, but they already did work on this truck and judging by some of that work it's about as good as your spelling and grammar. For those of you who don't already know this, let me help you understand how helpful the Ford motor corporations is.

When they find a fault that you haven't complained about and that isn't causing the issue , they ( the dealerships and mechanics ) are told by FORD to ignore it because they see that as SEEKING problems and extra work, a violation of their "agreement". Case in point where my truck had to go in for heads. The passenger side manifold had an exhaust leak. So I assumed than any mechanic worth his title would see that and fix it because it's not right. I get it back and notice no bolts have been undone and wondered how they did heads without removing the manifolds.. Well they can and they do fix heads without taking them apart and they skipped right past the leaking manifold gasket. So I return it to them and tell them to fix it right. They return it to me and again after getting it home, I check under the hood, still haven't replaced the gasket. Apparently, it's within spec and doesn't need replacing !! ok, either a gasket leaks or it doesn't, end of. This is not found on a crank with some weepage acceptable. So in the end they finally explain that Ford is rejecting over $100,000 of legit claims a MONTH and they are eating it and if they didn't like it, Ford would just pull their dealership repair rights .. Nice eh.. so then they could sell but not fix, which means the dealership is essentially closed. This isn't an isolated case, I have documented this in 3 dealerships now.. That means that Ford is not only not fixing legitimate problems but is also forcing the dealers and the mechanics to do half **** work. That's wrong, it's criminal and it's going on totally unchecked. I know many people who have had issues with their trucks; On going problems that are not due to lack of maintenance or abuse and they are getting screwed. So in closing, I no longer blame the mechanics, I understand they're are doing what they must to keep their job, some even stretch things to help a client out but FORD is not doing what they should and neither are the dealerships. When it's broken or not right and it's under warranty and it's not a wear item, it should be repaired. You as a consumer shouldn't have to be a mechanic to be able to find things to get them to do what's right. So bringing it to a dealership isn't necessarily at the TOP of my list. I don't want to support a system that screws the very customers that pay the bills. I don't do it in my own personal company and I don't agree with it from a larger corporation either. When you pay $65,000 -$80,000 for a truck ( in Canada ), you deserve to get a decent product with a decent warranty that works for you.

Sounds like you live in the wrong area for truck repair. I never heard of anything like you claim, but with your attitude I can see why you have dealer problems. If you think your getting screwed, get a lawyer and sue them.