View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 07:32 PM
myoung61
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by danr1
Just checked the hypertech website they said that unhooking the battery will not change the settings back to stock.

No I'm not surprised by that at all, as long as the chip is connected its programing is going to effect the stock computers programing.

You really need to look at the computer itself, it is probably a chip plugged into the back of it. I'd be kinda surprised if its not. However it may just install in-line style with the computers main harness connector, say "unplug harness, plug chip into computer connector, plug harness into chip"? Reverse to remove?

Either way simply removing it (however its interfaced) will/should remove its programing at the same time allowing the computer to operate as stock, but you will have to look. If noting else get us the part number off it.

If its not external then yea you need to have it flashed by ford, myself I'd just pick up one from the bone yard for your model for 50 bucks and keep that one as is.
The chip has been removed it was plugged in behind the ebrake. The part number off the chip is 450161. The site said even with the chip removed unhooking the battery wouldn't reset the computer. Would replacing it be cheaper then getting it flashed by Ford?