View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 04:00 PM
wrongwrench
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tcesni
My poor mechanic had to replace the alternator in my 02 Tribute 4 times. The first time when the original failed (150,000 miles) and the next 3 times to replace the Bosch aftermarket units that had a lifetime warranty only to fail after 3 months, then 3 weeks, then 1 week. The most recent unit has been in there for 10 months without problem -except that the battery light is always on. Think of the fun he has had pulling that half shaft out. Again and again and again.

Tcesni: Thank God it was just my bad battery. I have no problem changing the alternator at 150K miles. My issue has always been with the Big 3 that the quality has to be turned up. I would buy any American car that gave me 10 years or 100,000 miles. We aren't perfect, but the days the cars are built when the competition pushes warranty and quality are HERE! However, more and more people don't and wont change anything in their cars. These forums are great for videos how to change stuff etc. Before any work is done, I am on the net for a good hour getting as much info as I can. Thanks to all of you who ventured into the mess under these hoods for your help. Keep on You Tubing the videos! Maybe this forum will allow DYI videos on all the issues we see!