View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 02:58 PM
89toy
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just for a quick look I checked out 4 wheel parts online...looks like a 6" lift (Skyjacker) that includes shocks is right around $1,200 (on sale). This will definitly be more if you are not comfortable installing the lift yourself (or if you just don't have the tools). There are many companies out there that sell lifts for these trucks...make sure to check out all the retail stores (online and off) to really get an idea of how much it might cost.

I bought my 99.5 about 4 years ago w/135K miles on it for $14,500. The truck now has 235K on it and is still running great. I have kept up with ALL maintenance and have always checked fluid levels. The original 6 speed pooped out at 218K but I have decent hp and tow a 32 ft. gooseneck along with my toyota truck. Alternator also went out near 200K and ball joints at 183K. This is all that I have had to replace on my truck. It is 4x4, XLT, x-cab, long bed, f-250 that it truly flawless inside and out. Only tear is on the console where I put my elbow. Everything works great still. It had auto locking hubs but I swapped them for Warn manuals because they never seemed to want to auto unlock (even though everything was clean and there were no leaks). I give you such a huge description only because if I were to ever sell it (never) I would probably ask around $8,000. Hopefully my description and my insane amount of writing will help you in the decision to buy or pass on the truck.

By the way, I will be in Pinetop, AZ in about 1.5 weeks (from TX).