Old 08-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Hobo
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by V8EXPLR

Interesting point of view, since other than the motor/trans/gears, when buying my 150, I found the Tundra to be lacking in all other aspects. The 150 had a reliability behind it as well, compared to an all new design with unknown issues. Which we now know, has had an abundance of issues. So I guess "most truck for the money" is in the ey of the beholder.
So far my 2007 has had zero issues with any part of the truck.

I test drove the F-150 for comparison and was not impressed with the interior features, the build quality, or anything else. It was badly in need of a redesign by 2007. The fact that it was an absolutely gutless dog put it solidly at the bottom of my consideration. The 4.6L V8 might as well not even exist, and the 5.4L was/is pathetic. Given all the stories of spark plug problems with that motor I am not sad to have bought something else. I also was not impressed with the 4 speed auto in the F-150, it was not only slow to react to driver input but it was not especially smooth, now was it very well geared.

Now the new F-150 is a different story from the standpoint of features and amenities, but it is still stuck with a gutless lineup of available engines. At least they offer a 6 speed tranny now. How much longer will it take them to put a real motor in it though?