Old 06-17-2003, 11:38 AM
cowtown
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A few questions for a new to F series buyer

Hey guys, lots of great info on here, I'm hoping you can comment on a couple of things I've found thus far.

Basically I have just started my search for an affordable truck to get my feet wet and have some fun with (2wd, short box, reg cab etc.). Now I looked at a 91 F-150 Nite the other day and had a question about suspension stuff.

Being a car guy my entire life my exposure to trucks has been small though I have driven several over the years. When I drove that truck the front suspension felt very floaty and there was a lot of lag when turning the steering wheel before it engaged if you know what I mean. This to me would indicate something wrong with the front suspension but I wanted to bounce it off of you guys first since it's been a long while since I drove an F series truck but I didn't remember it being like that. It's important to know what's normal so when I tell this small car lot that they are asking $2500cdn too much for the truck (which they are) then I'll be a bit more assured.

Now I know it's not going to handle like my previous Mustangs or my current Mazda 5 but I didn't expect it to act like that. I still have several more trucks to look at including an 82 F-150 Stepside that I think has potential and I'd just like to know what to look for / expect.

Thanks!