Old 08-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Mustang6147
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Conanski
I really don't see a stuck injector passing enough gasoline to fill a cylinder enough to cause a hydrolock.. while the motor is running. If the motor was shut off and for some reason the fuel pump was still running then it is possible but that's not normal and I'm sure somebody would notice the puddle of gas under the truck as it emptied the gas tank through the motor. If it can be proved an injector is stuck open then I say simply replace the injector, flush the engine oil, and retest compression. If it comes back within spec then you can rest assured there was no internal engine damage.

I was shocked to find out, that the 96 chevies, ( Vortec) engines also had that problem. Ussually resulting in bent rods, or broken rods ventilating the blocks. It happens when the injector sticks wide open, and full pressure is put consistantly in to one cylinder ( the one with the faulty injector) as the cylinder comes up, snap, or bend.

With Ford, at a local level, if you try, and get no results, Take it to the BBB. It gets results from people paid to do it right. File a complaint at BBB online. you will hear back in a couple days, from a Ford rep high u.