View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 01:22 AM
ford12508
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone wanna make some cash?

This is not set in stone as of right now, but I might want to hire someone to show me how to replace the EGR Valve/DPFE on a 1999 Expedition 5.4L. I am in Middletown, and would be able to give the person who helped me out an hourly pay.

Here is the background info: About 5 months or so ago I told my dad we should get the EGR Valve looked at, the truck felt like it was running funny, and that was my guess and a little while later a code came up. The code said EGR valve problems. P0402 to be exact. My dad did nothing to fix it(aka send it into the shop, he is retarded when it comes to cars). So I sighed and held my breathe, until 2 weeks ago, the light came back more and more after i disconnected the battery. So I told him again and his exact words to me when I said we should fix it were, "Shut the **** up about the truck, you do not know anything about cars and there is nothing wrong with it, it still runs fine." Might have been 2-3 days later when he got in the truck for the first time in maybe a year and when he gets back, says "It is running a little rough." Well I was driving with my mom and I could have sworn the truck turned into an F-250 with the death wobble with the ride we had. So tonight at dinner my dad asked me what was wrong with it, I told him the EGR and DPFE need to be changed. Asks how much it costs, I said I don't know the price of the DPFE but the EGR and gasket is about $170. He then proceeds me to ask me if I can change it if he gets the parts.

While I would love to waste his money by letting him go to a shop, I would rather have someone from here help me fix it so I know a little bit more about cars. Knowledge > Revenge.

Pay : I think $10 for that read and shoot me a PM or so replies with what you want to get paid, I will negotiate with you.

Tools on site include(but not limited to)
1/4", 3/8", 1/2" Ratchet with adapters for all sizes
1.25" long sockets(I can get the specific sizes tomorrow, but generally everything between 7mm and 20mm and I think most standard sizes under 1 inch
Hammer
Rubber Mallet
Vice grips/pliers/channel locking grips
Standard screw driver set
Drills(both wired and cordless/not impact)
Pancake air compressor

Hoping someone can get back to me. I have not talked to my dad about this yet, but I am going to ask him to get the parts needed, then hopefully we can schedule to do this one day while he is out. I only plan on doing this behind his back, because if I can't already do it, to him there is no point in me learning how to do it, so it might as well go to the shop.

Anything I missed in that wall of text?