Old 08-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Aerocell4x4
Diesel Van Enthusiast
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Rickson Truck Wheels is still in business

Today, I finally connected with them and discussed at great length their product and my van and various hear-say.

I should be getting a quote by email tomorrow.

What I learned is that they are operating on a reduced staff due to the economy, but all is well even to the point that that are looking to hire someone.

What I spec'd out is:
Five rims and four chrome trim rings, so now I'll have a spare tire.
Commercial truck wheel pressure monitoring (as Hella's won't fit the larger valve stem ports that Rickson uses, plus the Hella's are not ranged for the higher pressures used in truck tires).
Half-inch positive offset for a wider stance to compliment the increased ride-height
Michelin XDE2+ 285/70R/19.5
Diameter (unloaded): 35.4" which provides a 2.45" taller ride than factory equipped.
Overall Width: 10.9" which is 1.3" wider that originally equipped.
Max. Load @ Single: 6395 pounds, though the rims are only DOT rated to 5000 pounds
Tread Depth: 21/32"
Revs. per Mile: 587

In comparison, my van came factory equipped with LT245/75R16 Load Range E (3042 Lbs @ 80 psi) which have a 30.5" diameter, with a section width of 9.6" and a section height of 7.2".

Rickson's rep also gave me some info concerning my van.
The cutaway chassis is factory equipped with a rear axle used for DRW and therefore my van already has greater breaking capacity than found on 'standard' vans. They don't believe I'll find the need to beef up my brakes, they feel the OEM brakes should be sufficient for the larger size & weight of the tire / rim combination being ordered.

I could have these in a week or two from when I accept the quote.