View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 07:27 PM
brcrk
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Volvo92906
I like those light covers.... Did your front clip have the corner marker lights? Id like to get some like that.

As for your clear coat peeling.. Mine is doing it also: on the hood and roof. The only way to fix it right is to sand and repaint it. Now, you can do it two ways: One, sand the clear coat off and put new on or sand it all bare and do all the prep work so Maaco does a decent job. Their paint jobs can be good but you need to pay for it. If you do all the prep work (sanding, filler, primer, trim) then give it to them it can come out quite nice.
Thanks...yea my lights are just like yours. Those covers wrap around and attach with velcro under the hood. I got them from JC Whitney at around 30 bucks. Although not shown in this picture I also have the rear covers now. I plan on taking all the molding, stripes, letters...everything and make it completely black and sleek. I already had the tailgate reworked flat and staight to where it looks like an new modle F150 with the large blue oval "FORD" in the middle of the tailgate. That cost me $40 and it just sticks on. It gives it a unique sleek look from the rear