View Single Post
Old 06-12-2003, 07:10 PM
CNTHOR
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blinking OD light

No Problem,

One of the most common 4wd problems is that the HALL sensors I described above are magnetic. After a while they get metal flakes stuck to them and stop working.

Does your 4wd light start binking 6 times every two minutes when you try to put the vehicle into 4wd auto?

Does your 4wd low work (remember to be in nutral when shifting into 4wd low)? try this on a loose surface and actually see if your front wheels have power

If the answer to any of these two questions is yes then it might be one of your HALL sensors

Does the 4wd light come on OK but you never feel power in your front axle? if so it might be a problem with the vacuum actuator or vacuum relay for the front axle

Did you drain the oil from the transfer case to see what shape it is in? it only takes about 1 quart of mercon fluid to refill it

give me some more info, I'll try to help you out

There were some more threads I was involved in where we went to some detail about the 33hz AC signal that is used on the Transfer CASE solenoid. we actually looked up the patent to see how it works.