View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Redcat Diesel
Posting Guru
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Some of the stuff that's coming in are vehicles that are pretty much worn out anyway. Other stuff proves that some people have more money than brains. There is a 98 Eddie Bauer Explorer that needed nothing. Very nice inside and out. No rust, every toy Ford could install and a bunch of aftermarket goodies. Also a couple of mid 90's Chebby pickups that should be in somebody's driveway. I know they are brand X but I've driven enough junk to think it's sad.

The boneyards should do okay though. One of those brand X trucks came off of the tiltbed at 6:30 this morning and the bed was sold before noon. The 92 F150 that was on the wheel lift behind it lost it's tail gate and rad before closing time.

They haven't even been moved out of the holding area yet.

Joe, I don't know about the engines. All the external stuff and the heads should be salvagable. A fellow Ford nut who works in the yard has the same idea I do. Wait for the first CFC vehicle to get the big pink X painted on it and grab the engine to tear down. The pink X tells the loader operaters to move it to the crush pile when they get time.