View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 04:47 PM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
What the what! One time use rotor? Since when does a brake job cost the equivalent of a middle-class weekly salary? Did they say the rotors were warped and had to be replaced? Did they mention that they could be turned, but that they'd rather put the screws to you than mention that they don't have the proper equipment to service the number one selling vehicle in America?

Amazing. Find and other place to get them done. I went to that place ONCE. They told me I had to consent to them doing whatever work is required PRIOR to them giving me an estimate. Basically, they wanted a blank check. I asked why they couldn't give me an estimate prior to starting work and it turned into an argument. I walked out, hopped on-line and started frequentling these forums to learn how to do the work myself. I figured I'd rather spend a couple hundred on a good tool set then pay those national chains to rip me off. Haven't looked back since...

Geez...that's like going in for an oil change and they guy saying you need a new motor because the engine is "one time use only".