View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 11:26 PM
erngum
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacement Windshield w/ F-150 Logo

There was a post several weeks back by someone wondering about replacement windshields and whether or not they were available w/ the logo from non-dealer sources. Well, I found out the hard way this week when I got hit by a rock. It probably could have been repaired but the damage was right in front of my face and it drove me cockeyed. It cost $296 for an at home replacement job w/ the logo.

This happened on my first road trip with the new 09. About 3800 miles from CA to TX and back. I reached 17.9 MPG (5.4 liter) while I averaged around 80 mph on the highways. I've made the same trip in my 04 Explorer and the Lariat was a much better drive with more room to boot. The Bakflip cover worked out extremely well giving me lots of secure storage. I Velcro-ed a Ryobi portable motion alarm in the bed while at the hotels for extra peace of mind. I think I'm going to have the dealer put an alarm on it soon.

I now have just under 10K on the truck since I purchased on Apr. 13Th and although the 04 Explorer was good to go with 83K on her, I'm glad I made the trade.