View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 04:52 PM
luthrobediesel
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks

This is a crossflow. The intake and exhaust are not on the same side. I messed with it today got it running half way decent. The thing i cant understand is when i set it 6,8,10 or anywhere near that, it runs like crap and spits through the carb and exhaust when you rev it. I got it set like 20 degrees advanced and it runs pretty good there. When I have the timing set to 10 or where i can actually see the mark while its running, I verifyed that the advance was working when you open the throttle it advances it about 10 degrees or more. It just wont run with that timing. I just had to keep advancing it untill it would take the fuel without spitting. It doesnt spit anymore but it is not exactly right yet. This engine is way oversquare. It has like a 2 inch stroke and 3 inch diameter pistons. Would that have anything to do whit why it has to be so advanced? It broke a belt today so I couldnt test it anymore. Its supposed to have 3 belts on it but the guy says he cant get a matched set so he just runs one, because the other 2 will always come off.