View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Texasboo
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi lsrx101,
I was going to use O'Reilly Auto parts in Austin,Texas, know of them ? Unless you have a particular suggestion about another location to purchase a better quality one here in Austin, Texas? I agree, I never buy anything from Autozone, too much failure for me in the past for parts. Would it make a difference other than price to purchase a New one instead of a reman for a Compressor? What about the condenser quality also? IF you can suggest a better place to purchase this instead of going online and possibly getting the wrong one, let me know of a place if you know of one. What about Carquest Autoparts parts quality? As for the manifold block, I have no idea why they said replace this too. Probably cause it has a metal can inside it like you said, and can't be flushed out.
Where can I purchase the Dura-141 locally? Have any clue? I would like to use this if I can find it.
Of course, my question also is, what about the other lines on the Ac system, that I am not replacing, should I flush those out too? How do you do that? do I unhook them and pour the flush into them and then blow them out? I plan on flushing this system pretty damn good, so as not to have any junk left in it. I don't want to do anything half *** and have it bite me back cause I didn't do it well.
ALso, does the Dura-141 come with some sort of hoses attached to the container so I can actually get it into the evaporator since it's going to be done while still in place in the truck? Hard to get to already cause of the design of the truck and the engine sitting farther back in the firewall., not like the older fords that have a black box surrounding it, with more room to get to it.
Thanks for your help so far.. hope my questions don't annoy anyone. This is my first AC system to Ever tackle, and I have learned so much already on this forum.
About the Gauge Low and High side pressures... when I use manifold gauges to refill the system after I evacuate and suck it down good, What are the numbers I need to watch for? I am not sure what high side pressure is bad or what low side pressures are good. I know there is a range of what they should be, can someone tell me what they are for each low and high sides? I am doing the refill myself, and renting the gauges to do it with.
Should I still install an aftermarket filter on the Liquid line? If so, which line is the liquid line? Just hang in there with me please.
How much oil should I put in the new accumulator Before I install it? How much oil in the Compressor? This way I know how much total should be in the system in putting it in the accumulator and compressor.
Thank you for the help.
Bren