Thread: Sold Expedition
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 11:10 AM
berry1234
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by n2umr
Carbon should have read the new Consumer Reports issue. The Expedition was recommended over the tahoe and yukon hands down. GM got slammed over quality issues and reliability and all of there truck models from '03 to '09 were in the stay away from category.

The 5.3 from chevy and there antiquated transmission are not even close to being on par with the 5.4 and the 6 speed. Must be Carbon didn't know how to teach his transmission how to shift because I have had no issues with mine and I have 40k miles on it.

As far as room, comfort and interior, no comparison, the expy is far superior. GM has to do a lot to catch up to the build quality and engineering that Ford has in their trucks. As an engineer it's hard to fathom that GM has built vehicles for this long and still been competitive with their competition, push rods, who uses push rods anymore?

Mark
No, Carbon had legitimate tranny problems that the dealer could not resolve. He shouldn't have to teach anything how to do anything. He did the best thing in his situation, got rid of it. I have been following his plight for sometime. If you had the same problems, you would go to a standard 4 speed tranny anyday.

Good luck Carbon.