View Single Post
Old 06-07-2003, 01:40 PM
Forrest Nearing
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are E7TE PA heads good for strokers?

Paul,

he wants to build a fast car... your definition of "fast" must be different from mine... an E6 headed 347 will probably have you shifting at about 3500rpm... NO BS!!!! the car will never even make it down the track with the stock rear end gearing and that kind of powerband! LOL! with a good pair of slicks it would probably be damn quick up to about 50mph and then it would just be straining against the restricted heads!!

put a pair of E7 heads on your '86, I bet you pick up 25-30 horsepower, similar amount of torque, and 3 tenths in the 1/4 mile!!

lemme ask you this: why did ford only run the E6 heads on the mustang for ONE YEAR and then decide to raid the TRUCK parts bin and use the E7TE (the "T" is for TRUCK) heads from 87-95? and only put the E6 heads on 165hp non-HO cars like Crown Vics that came with 2.73 gears?

heck, if they're so great for torque, why didn't they run them on the 302 and 351W equipped TRUCKS???

the E6's work well in a small engine/heavy car scenario with tall rear gearing...

they are the WORST choice for a big engine/light car scenario with shorter gearing!!! in that application you need a higher RPM
combo that will be a little softer on the tires getting out of the hole and will make sick power as you wind it out...

I'm talking about building a 400-450hp combo... you're talking about building a 200-250hp combo.

and as for the automatic transmission thing? ever heard of a torque converter? he'll obviously need a higher stall speed, but...

Forrest