View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 12:28 AM
brendanmason
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stomberg Carbs and Tri-Power Advice

I am currently looking around for an Edelbrock Tri-Power intake manifold for my '58 F100 w/ a 292. I have rebuilt and tuned Holley, Autolite (Motorcraft), and Edelbrock carbs and they have some how came out working ok!! I am looking for a trio of Stromberg 97's or the even rarer 48's. I have no idea about rebuilding or tuning these carbs and I can not even find any manuals to do either on the internet or in bookstores! I am incredibly frustrated at the fact that I can pick from my choice of a bazillion different books on screwing around w/ a Holley (or designs similar to) carb, but cannot find jack s**t on a Stromberg 97 carb. I know that Holley carbs are popular (though they will never be my personal choice!), but the Stromberg 97's are considered the "hot rodder's" carb ever since Henry Ford unleashed the "Duece" Coupes and Flathead V-8's into automotive history! Can anyone give me advice on tuning a tri of Strombergs, rebuilding them...trust me, ANY information is GREATLY appreciated!!