View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 01:34 PM
6CylBill
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mstngmikegt
I remember the Ranger GT's (am pretty sure that they were '88 model only.) I was working for a large Ford dealer at the time and they ordered 2 in. One red shortbox stick and one white longbox auto (seemed like a silly combo to me at the time). They had a full front bumper cover with integrated air dam and fairly tall ground effects cladding (like 8-10 inches) that ran the length of the truck. Bumper was body color for sure, think the grill was too. Think the rear was a black double tube I think but don't recall for sure. These were std cab trucks (not sure if available as a supercab..don't think so) and they had the STX nicer bucket seats in them too as I recall. Mechanically, as I recall, they were standard Ranger 2WD (not sure if were available as a 4WD, but those 2 were 2WD for sure. V6 (part of package?), standard (normally optional) aluminum wheels, white letter tires, etc.
Sounds like a sweet looking little pickup. I really like the looks of the older rangers though. I think they look best lifted on fat mudders, but you can't beat a good looking truck either way. I like ground affects though. Really makes a truck look smoothed out and lowered, but doesn't hurt your hauling capacity.