View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 01:12 PM
nicole1990aerostar
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys for the replies. I am going to go look at it here in a few minutes to see if I can find any new clues. The only thing that confuses me is that I do not smell gas most of the time and I think if gas is leaking (even if I can't see it) I would smell it. Is it even possible that it is only leaking some of the time? If something is cracked or broken, its cracked and broken 100% of the time. By the way, the amount of gas that I lost the other day was significant, like a liter at least. It was just dripping from the van.

But I will tell ya, I love that van. I have never owned a van before and I was moving from Oregon to California so I thought it would be a good idea to buy the van. It was cheap and it did the job but I would like to keep it around a little longer.

Ok, enough of that. I will go see what I can find.

**************Here is the update**************************************

I just let it run for a few minutes and I pulled off the doghouse door. I could smell just a little bit of gas in the cabin but when I was looking around under the hood I really noticed the smell when I was near the input for the oil. I pulled the oil cap off to smell it and it did not smell like gas. So it seems the leak is near that area. When I went back into the cabin, I smelled around that side to see if the smell was as strong and it was not. But, I could not see any dripping. Ideas????