View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 08:05 AM
Postmaster

Monster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlypheonix View Post
Great to hear that we have another choice for the gear boxes. I have a '05 F350 6.0L PS with a gear box that first went out at 25,000 mi and now again at 91,000 the second FORD gear box is going out again. Most of these miles are easy hwy miles with only a few city pot hole miles.

Keep us updated as to the long term reliability.

Can you post the link to the install/removal article?
I only have had it installed a few days but I'll let you guys know as time wears on how it's holding up.
The removal and install is straight forward since the box is a stock housing. I figured alot of guys get to the point of needing to replace theirs as well so this will give you an idea of what to do even if you buy a different box. I'll post it in this thread soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert 4x4 View Post
I am interested in the install/removal article as well. Monster what is the part # from Red-Head?
2764NBS is for a 36 spline box. You may have a 32 spline box spline since only some of the 1999 and 2000 MY trucks had 36. I'll explain in my write up how to tell the differance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMcCasland View Post
You've peaked my interest here. I see these are rebuilt. Are they rebuilt Ford units with beefed up internals or something?

If you don't mind me asking, what did this set you back?
According to Harvey the owner of Red Head he rebuilds each box by hand and custom fits each parts to insure the tightest fit. I do not know if you would consider that beefed up but for sure it will be better then most other reman boxes.
Price was $305. The 32 spline box was less but I don't remember the price. Out the door price was $476 with a $100 of that the core charge. I also asked for return shipping of the core to be prepayed.

Red Head Steering gear box installation