View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 08:45 PM
roadwreck
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'd Join - but its questionable that i will keep this / and or get another ford . I've owned a 83, 84 , (now a 85) , And a 92 f150 s/c . Problem is when money is tight and your looking ( alone) Its always asure bet that any thing under 3k is JUNK.

bought my 83 f150 for 1,200$ plus tax . ( Can't honestly remember the total i remember it was $1,200 for the truck tho ) i bought it at a used lot in oxford ,pa.. the guy was under standing and let me get it with payment even tho he don't do payments esp on that old of a vehicle . Just gave me the warning that if i didn' t pay my payment that his brother will be over to get it no ifs' ands' or butts. Well i paid it off and while drivin it doing what i had to do .. I was up in north jersey doing a haulin job and something went poof - Wouldn't start blah blah blah - ended up leaving it in n. jersey for 7 days (couldn't afford a tow from up there down .. some how i got money to gether and bought another truck $500 (84f250) and went ' up and got it - after doing some haulin with it - got money enough to rent a dolly and went up and towed it back (after getting it out of impound ) tha nite i towed it from n.jersey to chesapeake city ,md to my buddy's who had paid me300$ for the truck I Didn't get to my buddies til 4 am !!!! what a long long nite towing that home ( so many problems gettin it to stay strapped to the dolly ! UGH.) then i wrecked the front end badly on the 84 f250 in lancaster on a fogy morning . i put another radiator in it i had from my old truck an drove it back home - then called my uncle to tow it out b/c the mobile home park wouldn't let me keep it there cause it was wrecked in the front ( so i got no money out of that truck when i got rid of it ) Most of the vehicle's i've bought have been in the 500$ - 1,000 range (with exception of the83 that i got for1,200$ ) The 92 f150 i bought i bought from a used dealer and had a bank note on years ago ( 1997/98 ) i had it for a while but turned it into the bank cause i couldn't afford 2 car payments ( this was before i had these PRE'S ) At that time i had a97 caviler , i was letting my mom drive that cause her car took a dump and she had nothing fora while. ( NICE Wasn't i ?) so figured she'd help with the c-note on the cavy and i'll take the truck note ( truck note was 245 a month maybe less) that was dandy til she got a car - so what to do with two c-notes- ? i PUT The f150 up forsale owed between 10,995 - 13,995 on it - no one was interested so i had my moms' brother tow it to the bank and drop the keys . Somethng like 3-5 days later the bank calls me to come pick it up . I gave them a letter stating i'm turning it in can't afford it any more .. haha . they tried desperately for me to come get it .

Yea i know i have a messed up life lol .