View Single Post
Old 05-28-2003, 11:57 PM
tommyhand
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crash fuel shut off switch?

I guess I'm lost. I have a HAYNES manual for full size vans 1969 to 1991. In the back of this book it has a section for Vans built after 1987(I have a 88). This section contains diagrams for EFI systems and which shows the EEC module and two connectors. one is called "self test connector" and the second is called "VIP test connector." Before we go on I would like to say I have NEVER seen a engine warning light on this van and I really don't think I have one. The self test connector only has one wire but the VIP connector has three wires.

I guess I need a better book?

Sorry for the confusion but I bought this van at a CHEAP price and it runs good. I got involved in all this when one of the control relays went bad and it cost me $$$$to get it fixed. Then the other control relay to the EEC went bad and I said I'll fix it. which I did at a cost of $12.00 for a new relay. I am trying to understand all I can about this van. I really like it and it runs good now except for the fuel consumtion. That is why I was looking to see if the EEC would tell me anything.

Am I barking up the wrong tree????