View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 01:04 AM
Pro-Street/StateTK
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 66shortbed
jeff. many thanks. that is going to be soooo helpful if i go through with the swap. my biggest concern right now is of course the PATS computer. in 95 it obvioulsy wasnt an issue.

i dont have a ton of options right now and i am hoping something will shake out like:
a. cop cars didnt have PATS (have not been able to confirm, later models definately did, not sure about 04
b. i can get the computer re-chiped/programmed for no PATS and still run a stock harness.
c. i can use an older non pats computer and still shake 250 hp out of the motor.

i went and looked at the motor today. i dont know how to tell if it is what they say it is, 04 P71. it did seem to have the external oil cooler thing which may be a nightmare as i have no idea how to hook it up. just want o make sure im getting a late model PI motor capable of the 250 hp the cop cars had that year.

can anyone translate this casting onthe head:
RF-IL2E-6090-D22D

there was also a sticker onthe head the that read
4.6 (2VL4-PI)4S
02/09/ 4

the trans had a manufacture date of 05/02/04, which guess is a good sign although the tag was removable and could have been swapped.

anyway, its looking more promising. i have a garge full of FE parts (intake, headers, brand new street avenger carb) and a virgin 390 long block at my disposal, as well as a rebuilt C6. so this 4.6 option needs to stay in the budget, which is about 400 bucks that i can spend on the "computer" issue. i have neither time nor money... but less money so if there is something a little more labor/research/thought intensive that'll save me the money, i might go for it to get the overdirve trans and fuelie motor.
66shortbed

I have a ( 94 crown vic LX ) and I also have a ( 98 crown vic P 71 copcar X maggie Valley N.C. )

Neither car has the (PATS) I do know most owners of the ( P 71 ) want computers from the

98 C. V , PI they have the best factory settings , shift points , Idle............................

The Head castings are ( 02 P. I . )>>Performance improved>> that is where the Extra H.P.

comes from and of coarse the crapy intake !

P.S. I think it would be a smart move on your part to read up even more than you already have !

LINK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>
http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

there are others ( crown vic muscle ) ............

Wally Womack