Thread: 2011 Ranger
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 12:51 PM
valdor
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OldBlueOvalDude
I, too, like the current Ranger and have had three of them as daily drivers since 1999. But we are in the minority. As far as size goes- it's not going to be too long and the current sized Ranger will be about the size of a "full sized" truck. Look what happened to cars after the oil embargos. A 1973 four door LTD parked next to a current edition Ford looks like the Queen Mary. IMHO, the current full size trucks will become niche vehicles and not 99% daily driver carrying one passenger/ 1% weekend pick one-boat, enclosed or travel trailer tow, etc. It's simple economics, once gas does (and it will, sooner more so than later) get over $4 per gallon, the land yachts will become worthless to all but the those who need a true work truck.
You are right i reckn. It has happenend long ago in other market places like in my country where Rangers, Hiluxes (Tacomas) etc are already considered to be gawfull big and gets trashed when equipped with 4l V6 engines as gas gusslers. However id like to think that midsize, will probably replace current full size, but with more efficient (more mpg) engines like the US ecoboost and the diesels which are already standard in Europe and elsewhere. I sure hope the fullsizer will survive though.

Last edited by FTE Trigger; 05-27-2009 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Fixed the user's quote.