View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 08:22 AM
benshere
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, I am not an agressive driver, at least in this rig . Mileage seems to be greatly affected by that and significant driving before engine is completely warmed up. Wish I could control/lower the temp that the processor (PCM) uses to come off the cold start mixture. Down here in Fla, there is almost no such thing as a "cold start"!

Guess I better become more familiar with the operation of the RSC. I dont think it deploys much if at all, but then I really havnt paid attention. So far, mostly the wife drives it (grandkids etc) and she almost has me screaming---you know, left lane, slowpoke, oblivious, and unaware of those things called rear view mirrors .

I know about the function of the TC and the basic RSC operation, but need to read up on how to tell if it is testing or deployed. That would certainly screw up any normal F/R biasing. If it werent for the dash lights, I would disable the TC, because 99% of the time it is of no use. I have driven many old clunkers w/o LS and in many conditions without problems. I realize this is a 6K plus vehicle that was not designed to do 100G's around the cones-----a lot dont

TX