View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 11:53 AM
8secpace
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best overall performance upgrades 03 v10

Seems to be alot of experts on here relating to v10s so I thought i would post here to get recomendations on what i should do to my truck for performance improvments. Not that i am on an unlimited budget, but lets pretend that i am and $ is not an issue.......simple bolt on stuff, no forced induction. I have a 03 CC srw f350,4x4, with 63,000miles with 3.73 gears( dont want to change gears either). What would give me the best performance increase. Looking for exhaust(headers-tail pipe) cat/no cat, air intake,TB upgrade, tuner/shift improver, ignition upgrades, full synthetic fluids upgrade, or anything else you experts can think of. I pull a 28' enclosed tag trailer with a 3200# drag car, golf cart, tools, fuel, etc. and my estimation is around 10,000-12,000# fully loaded. I race with a friend who has a 7.3 with some goodies CC,2wd and a stick, and he pulls a 32' goose and has a larger fuel tank than I and the fuel milage is a little better that mine but not much. I am not looking to compete with him on fuel but would just like to be able to keep up to him better on grades. We pull 70-80mph range most of the time. Thanks so much for you help. Damon Dais