View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 05:36 PM
BChance
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some of them have a 1/8 pipe plug in them...if you remove the inspection cover and turn the flywheel by hand (well.. by prybar, anyway) if it has it, you will see it. Just pull that plug and let it drip out....

You know.. some say drain it, get all the fluid out you can, others say don't, it is bad for the pump...tell you the truth, I have never had one fail because I drained the converter... but I honestly don't know if your 02 has the drain.. If not, no big deal, change what you can, run it for a bit, change it again, run it... change it.. you get the idea. If you don't have a drain plug on the tranny pan, it is more work and messier....but if it works, it's worth it. You should get a pretty good idea after the initial filter and fluid change if it is going to be any different....

FWIW.. I would do the filter change on the first one.. if it helps do just a fluid change or two, or three, or whatever... If it goes back to normal, THEN I would do one more filter change.. just to be sure... but like I said.. You should know after the first one if it is going to help...