View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 04:36 PM
jaynalbu
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BChance
It certainly does. But, it beats the alternative!

Flush is where they hook it to a machine and pump pressurized fluid through the tranny.. On one doing what yours is doing it almost guarantees total failure. It washes all the buildup out of the internals.. which seems like it would be a good thing, but when they are already at this point, they rely on the buildup it seems. Fluid change is just drain it, new filter and refill it, and leaves the buildup in place, but with the new fluid they will sometimes stop slipping enough that the computer backs off the pump pressure and they even out for awhile. Sometimes for a long while.. The Lucas seems to help as well...although I am not sure if it is just because it is thicker, or helps chemically with the slipping...either way, it seems to help...

My boys Acura was doing this.. fairly badly..I was already looking for a transmission.. but.. I did 3 fluid changes over two weeks, added some Lucas, and it feels perfect still, 4500 miles later. Each change made a noted improvement, and the Lucas made it feel completely normal. On the Acura, I could not drain the torque converter, so I was doing about 1/3 fluid at a time, but after the 3rd change and the Lucas, it is as good as it can be so....so far, it's good....

On the Acura, I could not drain the torque converter,

Should I try to drain this (torque converter) aswell? If so how do I do that. I know how to drain and replace the filter.
Thanks
Jay