View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 85e150six4mtod
OK, I'm ready for .

What I want to know is what is the demographic that buys a station wagon--oh, I'm sorry, a station wagon with big tires, AKA SUV, and still gives a rats rear about racing a pickup truck? What, 16 year olds with triplets? You were in the wrong section of the showroom for 1/4 mile results.
Originally Posted by berry1234
The same guy who spends $10K plus adding super chargers, exhaust, etc in order to make the 6,000lb beast move like a pick up truck.
I only spent $2,850 to Supercharge my 2006 F-150...and it could hang with Mustangs up to about 60 MPH. Not bad for a truck that weighs 6,000 lbs

I don't need all the performance, but it's nice to have alot of power on tap. More = better in my book

I'm trying to figure out what rear axle my 08 Expy has...then I'm gonna see about swinging 4.30 gears...hope it is a 9.75 axle or bigger
the stock performance is actually quite adequate, but I wouldn't mind just a bit more

and while I'm in there, I might through a good OEM LS unit as well
I can't seem to leave vehicles alone. I like to tinker a bit. I can't wait to get the SRT-8 6.1 cam and install it into my Durango. Cam Swap + tuning should get me at least another 40 HP

gotta have some fun with 'em IMO
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
Wait, I had an 08 with 30K THEN they gave me an 09 10K because they said the 08 had too many miles and needed to be taken out of the fleet. The experience wasn't much different though....
thing you gotta be aware of in the 2004+ Light-Duty Fords with Auto Tranny

They have a smart programming that learns how you drive, and adjusts tranny performance accordingly.
so if you drive like a grandpa (nice & slow), the tranny does longer shift, and they are pretty seamless. Pretty soft

if you drive it hard, the tranny will shift harder, and the vehicle seems more responsive

That is why sometimes it is a good idea for someone who just bought a used Ford to unplug the battery. That forces the tranny to restart from ground zero and learn a new driving profile