Thread: Fire
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Tom D
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Some of my Budd's think I'm paranoid when it comes to fire............All my tanks use a "nitrogen-Blanket" to keep oxygen out, air powered pumps, and I have 8 fire extinguishers within easy reach! Did your wife see this happen?
Fortunately I had moved the processor to my friends commercial warehouse (I built it on a trailer). If not, you would still hear her yapping about that. She doesn't even know.
I don't have a flow meter for injecting nitrogen into the vapor chamber but I put the liquid tube from the bottom of the condensor in a bottle and turn on just enough to make it bubble. I don't know if by doing that, I am "forcing" the methanol out the condensor before it has a chance to condense. I'm running about 125-150 lbs on "your" vaporizer. Afraid with those pressures and 180F that I MUST inject nitrogen into the chamber to prevent explosion. Do you think 5/16 tubing is large enough for a condensor line ? No doubt you are following the chats between Phydeaux and myself. You know what kind of vaporizer and condensor I have so if you can add anything to the conversation I would appreciate it. I know Troy (KennedyFord) has your system and it works for him. I must be missing something.