View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 03:05 PM
FordeRXLT2005
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi rrgone!
Thanks for replying and welcoming me to the forum, I have the A4WD model. I did not get my ABS repaired at Pep Boys, just the 2 tires, completely new sets of brakes, oil change, front wipers and inspection.

There is a button to disable ADVTRAC on the center console, but when my ABS malfunctioned and automatically engaged the brakes at the slightest application of gas, the warning light would go on, I guess it thought I was losing traction. So I removed the ABS fuse which automatically turned off the ADVTRAC.

The Pep boys guy told me one of the rear wheel exciter rings was broken and that was most likely the cause of my problem, but if the ABS fuse was removed it doesn't make any sense unless the exciter ring sends information to another sensor or different fuse set. If it is due to the broken ring I would imagine this problem would have occurred before I went to Pep boys, which it didn't.

Which only leaves me thinking it either has to do with the tire size difference or they f^*&ed something else up, but I've had different size tires on another car I owned in the past and the only problem I ever encountered was pulling to one side or another.

Is there a fuse I can remove to stop this traction control, if that is causing it?