Thread: 300 I6 timing
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2003, 08:43 PM
bobbarob
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 300 I6 timing

ok here it is.....i have a 80 f-150 with an inline 6......manual tranny...ok when looking at the timing i notice there are 2 notches in the balancer/pulley on the crank...looking at the motor from the front i also notice that there are 2 degree timing indicators one on the left behind the belts and one on the right on the timing chain cover.....when running at idle neither of my marks on on either of them...my distributor when looking at the motor from the driver side is at like between 4 and 5 o,clock.....is this right or am i just worring about something i shouldnt be......truck runs fine though...and i found what i thought to be top dead center and static timed it then advanced it a little.....if im way off here let me know...also the vaccum line coming off of the distributor is on the bottom of the carberator on the left side.....now i looked at my dads 79 f-100 and the left notch on the crank pulley is lined up to the 6 degree mark on the timing cover and his distributor is at 3 0,clock....my f-150 doesnt get hot or overheat at all ....also the carberator has an electronic choke and when the motor gets hot it wont start back up...when cooled it starts right up...gonna put a manual choke on it to see what it does...any suggestions or information in correcting my doing is greatly appreciated......just looking to keep her a running and at optimal performance if possible......thanks