View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 12:58 PM
DragonDriver
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im having fun pulling my bench out and trying things with the Centurion seats i bought. I mess around for a few hours and then have to put the bench back in so i can drive it. So far i have tryed taking the 2 bracket type things off of the bench and then drilling holes into them, and then puting them both onto 1 captin's chair.

Problems are that i can only thread the nut onto 1 bolt per bracket. The benches sliding device cant move past the closer bolt and nut of the chair. So if i slide the device all the way to the front to put on 1 nut, i cant slide it all the way back to put 1 in the front.
Also i would have to drill 4 new holes per chair for the old brackets. Using the exiesting 2 holes on each side place the chair to far to the center. In doing this im not sure if the brackets would lay flat because the cab floor is full of mountains and valleys.

The 2nd way i could do this is to use the brackets that i pulled with the seats from a conversion van.
Problems are again 4 Holes per chair and much different spacing. The brackets are ment for a flat floor and again the trucks floor is full of rises and drop offs. Also the seats sit too high and leans to far back, again due to the floor's humps.
I think if i can get the right mesurements i can cut the Van brackets so the they will be lower and with less lean to them. But i will lose the bolt holes in them, so i could try to bolt some little L shaped peices onto whats left of the van bracket and then bolt those to the floor.

I know this is realy long and with poor spelling and wording but if any one has suggestions let me know.