Thread: Engine ID ???
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Y-Blockhead
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rusty_S
46yblock, he posted the block casting number in the truck forum and I answered there I just posted the answer here.

His block casting number located on the driverside above the oil filter is this.

EDB 6015 E which is 292 Y8 in 58 - 59 cars and trucks to April59 and 312 Y8 in Mercury.

His intake manifold (I dont got codes on that)

ECZ 9425 B

Now this is just speculation but mine (on a 56 292 Y8 4V) is ECZ 9425 A so the B I am thinking is for a 2V model since thats what his appears to be.

What threw me though is I saw yellow paint and I remember in a previous post here that the 272`s were painted yellow. He said the bottom end is yellow while the top end was red if I understand correctly. But I also know that different years were different colors so maybe the yellow was a 292 truck engine in 58-59 since the 292 and 312 was replaced in the Tbird and they were no longer known as the Thunderbird Y8 or the Thunderbird Special Y8.
Yes I caught that after I posted, Rusty stated you had a ECZ 9425 B manifold. Then I looked at your pictures. See my correction above. Perhaps next time I'll just stay out of it...