Old 04-23-2009, 06:35 PM
dcaddi2
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 03250sil
early 03 250 xlt 4x4 6.0 cc lwb esof front abs and stock:
are there special purpose tools needed to remove the turbo as i have read in 6.0 bilbe? where can i get the torque specs for everything that comes off if any? any thing special to do when removing fuel lines to avoid air pockets. i have an oil leak i can't seam to find but i thinks it's under the egr cooler. new egr cooler 11/08, new icp sensor 4/09. the valley is dry direclty under the turbo. i cleaned in this area best i could but want to really clean from front to back under the intake. the sides and exhaust manifolds are clean along with the upper rear aluminum gear cover. the oil drips at a tab of the block above the starter next to engine heater where i see the stacked metal gaskets sticking beyound the cylinder head and block. is this the bottom of the head and the metal gasket the head gasket known for leaking. passenger side only is leaking. i don't under stand the flow of oil and coolant totaly just yet but i was told the head gasket leaks coolant. i thaught the cylinder would have both fluids under pressure in hear. more coolant than oil. i'm a little off track but if i have a bad hp oil pump i wanted to do the same as jnobles06 with evrything off the top.
Just like it was mentioned, you don't really need special tools for that procedure, but make sure you have a nice set of tools from A to Z.
Your oil leak shouldn't be head gasket related. Never really heard blowing the gaskets "externally". Usually the combustion gasses pass to the coolant system, that's why coolant puking is the obvious sign to tell.
The oil leak on the passenger side head area (if the engine valley is dry ) should be valve cover gasket, possibly glow plug bus O ring(s), and maybe HPOP cover on the back side.... It also could be CKP sensor, but that is located on the front area on the engine, so I doubt it's that.