View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 04:23 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
The last battery I had to replace just failed outright in a matter of minutes. No warning, no signs.

We were driving along...stopped...about 10 minutes later, came out and the vehicle was going crazy with everything electronic cycling.
Replaced the battery with the one from F-150 and problem stopped. The OEM battery for my 2006 was at least a 600 CCA. Can't remember, and it's in a vehicle I just sold.

Figured the 5.4 needed a good sized battery, so I bought the biggest honkin' think I could find that would fit inside the F-150.

It's dark out and I'm lazy, so I'll get the CCA tomorrow, but I'm thinking it's a 800+ CCA
Originally Posted by HomerWinzlow
Motorcraft BXT-65-750 or BXT-65-850, which normally are equipped in F250 and up vehicles and other select vehicles like Expedition.
what should I have in my Expy? I just bought a 2008 Expy EL Limited last night...and to be honest, I haven't popped the hood yet

So there is a chance she has a 750+ CCA battery? Kinda hope so...especially considering that every little widget or gadget in there is connected to some sort of little motor