View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Doomhammer
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by michigan66
As I look back over this entire discussion, I don't recall seeing any mention of replacing the fuel filter. Did I miss something. It could allow enough fuel through it to show that the fuel pump is OK. But once you get on the road and are driving, especiall at faster speeds, the filter may be sufficiently plygged to restrict the flow of fuel to the injectors. Do you have any idea how old the filter is/when it was last replaced? Just a thought.
Sorry if I didnt mention it Michigan. Yeah, theyve had it for a month now. they replaced the fuel filter and 02 sensor the first day. DIdnt fix it. As far as fuel system goes, they replaced the fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator and ran it down the road while checking fuel pressure somehow, and siad it stayed steady, even during driving and going up hills, etc.

Somewhere theres a dang sensor throwing things off and Im sure hoping its that ECT.....I need my truck back. A month is a long time to have to share a ride with your wife. No man should be chained to that fate.