Fram - CA10170
Motorcraft OEM - FA1772
Purolator - A25567
K&N - 33-2347
Wix - 49187
NAPA - FIL 9187

Installation Instructions:
1. Raise hood.
2. Remove the 7 plastic clips that run along the forward edge of the cowl. Use a philips head screwdriver and push up in the middle from the bottom. Remove the screw and the clip.
3. Pry up the forward edge of the plastic cowl piece on the passenger side. Mine was stuck down with a sticky foam strip which remained attached to the plastic cowl piece. This is where my wife assisted by holding the cowl piece up out of the way so I could raise the lid to the air box.
4. The lid to the air box has 2 plastic clips on the forward edge holding it in place. Gently pry the tab forward (toward the front of the vehicle) while lifting the top. I found releasing the outboard clip first worked best (it's also the most visible of the 2). I did not remove the lid, just lifted it up enough to get the filter in place inside the air box.
5. Install the air filter in place, since it is such a funny shape it will only go in one way which is obvious. As stated here and other places I researched, the filter does not fit perfectly. It is the right shape it just seems to be a little too big. I had to push the edges down into place in order to get a decent seal which slightly distorted the filter. It should work fine though.

Same filter and instructions for both the 09 Escape & Escape Hybrid.
Found on www.GreenHybrid.com