Thread: Growing canola
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 12:21 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by RRranch
I'd recommend doing a little more research and planting something that is safe to feed the waste products to livestock. Canola, rape plants, is highly toxic stuff. The plants can kill even a goat. That's not internet rumor. It's fact. It's not safe for animal consumption.
We are going to do a few acres of soybeans instead this year and the junk left over after extracting the oil can be fed to our goats. Soybeans are cheap too. I'm still researching alfalfa since we already grow several acres of it and it's a permanent crop pretty much.
Noone around here would even consider planting canola due to the toxicity of it to animals. Canola oil isn't the best thing in the world to be using in your kitchen either. Look at all the junk about it on the internet. I find it kinda weird that my own wife ended up paralyzed and diagnosed with MS just a year after that garbage was allowed into this country. MS is one of the big diseases being linked to canola oil.

I know there are a lot of websites claiming that there are false rumors circulating around the internet but look at who owns or is paying for those websites. There are a lot more sites claiming it is bad than good. Plus the US government says it's good for you. That really makes me wonder about it's safety.

Just food for thought.
I've been on this site for years, and I have never heard such pure unadultrated BULL CRAP! Where do you come up with this B.S.?
I've been growing Canola, AND using the feedcake for 4 years now with not one problem. Farmers have been growing it here for over 20 years and feeding it to their cattle. Show me the STUDYS or go somewhere else to spread your crap. I'll bet you can't produce even one! TROLL!!!!

Edit: I'll sit in front of ya and eat the raw seeds all day long...........