View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 03:27 AM
BigSix1
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by terminater221
Does Anyone know where I can download the drivers manual for my F-150 for free? Preferably a PDF.
terminator,

You are not looking for a "driver's" manual, which I and others here obviously took to mean an OWNER'S manual.

You are looking for a SHOP or REPAIR manual. The best one would be the factory FoMoCo shop manual, but they can be expensive (I paid over $200. for one, years ago). Perhaps by now they are online somewhere, for free, and someone will come up with a link?

(If so, I need a link for one for a 1997 F-250 H.D. SC LB 4x4 460 5 spd, if anyone has a link to one. I also need an OWNER'S manual for the above truck.)

But, assuming that the factory manual is too expensive, you can get a decent Haynes manual for about $20., at the chain autoparts stores, or possibly a book store. Or here: Do It Yourself (DIY) Auto Repair Manuals from Haynes

Haynes manuals do have wiring diagrams in the back of them, but I believe the wiring diagrams in the factory, FoMoCo. manuals are more extensive--they are certainly larger, as they come in a packet of large, folded sheets (at least, they did for my '88 F-150.)

Clymer is another manual I've found to be good--perhaps equal to the Haynes.

Often, it seems I end up with one of each, as invariably, one does a better job with certain systems than does the other.

I don't like Chilton's manuals--I've always said, if you're good enough to use a Chilton's manual, you don't need a manual--LOL.

But again--no one will understand that you want a SHOP or REPAIR manual, if you call it a "driver's" manual. Obviously just a simple oversight, but not helpful to your cause.