View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
1980 Ford F150 Ranger Lariat

Here's my project truck.It's a 1980 Ford F100 Custom 4x2.It's got a 4.9 300 I6,a C6 Automatic Transmission,and a 9 inch Rear axle with 2.75 gears.So far i've swapped the cowl panel for one off of a 87-91 F150,to eliminate the fire risk of the old panel,i've swapped the small mirrors for swing types off an 88 Bronco,I've swapped the original wheels for Factory Chrome styled steel rims off of a 92-96 F150.I've also painted the interior black,as well as added a dome/map light,and since the truck never came with one,I added a cargo light too.I've rewired the rear tailight wires since they were all cut by the previous owner.I've also Painted the Gauges white for a brighter display at night.I've swapped oil pans since the old one had a bad drain hole.The truck was bought in 1980 in Souther California,therefore it is a Cali Emissions truck.It was built at the San Jose,California Ford truck plant.During it's life it's made a cross country trip to Florida,where it resides now.I bought it from the original Owner's son for 400 bucks.The truck had been sitting for three years before I bought it.There's no rust where these trucks normally rust,but there is some in a couple places.Some plans for the future include adding Cab clearance lights,rebuilding the 300 and C6,replacing the entire brake system,as well as the cooling system.After that,it should be good to go.I bought the truck in March of 2008,and i've had it for a year now.I plan to have the truck for the rest of my life.I'm only 16,so this is my learning project.I've learned alot working on this old truck.And yes,I do all the work myself.Here's what the truck looked like when I bought it....

Here's what it looks like now.....