View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 05:53 PM
bhspet
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dad and brother are going tomorrow, to lake Reese in Asheboro for crappie. I've been back in town but just got back to working on my truck today, and thats a must fore' I can wet a hook. Hopefully next week sometime, maybe I can run out to Highrock too Mako.
dm04, with the dogwoods finally blooming the crappie are moving up on the banks to spawn, which mean the bass are in pre-spawn for the next 3-4 weeks or so, feeding like crazy for their turn.
As for the banjo minnow I've never used them, I stick with the basics, cranks, spinners, and the ever faithful plastic worms and jigs. Don't know what part of the state you're in, but here in the piedmont bass fishing will be good from now thru the end of may then it'll get back to normal..but I love that too!
You want bigger bass?...use bigger bait! What you catch right now will mainly be schoolers, but if you do some huntin for the right structure and cover you can find the more solitary bigger bass. But the 1-2 pounders are the best eatin'!