View Single Post
Old 05-15-2003, 08:04 PM
bn3432
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sAn Diego Truck Owners

Just wanted to let you guys know what business to stay away from in San Diego. I made an appointment to get A Line-X spray on liner put on my truck last week and spoke to the <!-- Scott at Line-X in National City on Transportation Ave--> edited by admin. He seemed very nice and helpful on the phone when I told him that I wanted an over the rail liner. He told me that he had a cancellation and that if I filled it he would knock some off the price. He told me the price would be $311 and some change out the door, so I booked the appointment. Well today when I went in and another guy was doing the paperwork when I noticed that he put under the rail down on the order. I told him what <!-- Scott --> edited by admin told me and he said he would go ask him. Shortly after <!-- Scott --> edited by admin came out and asked if I had a question. I reminded him of our conversation and he basically called me a liar and said the he would never give that price for an over the rail job and ackted like it was my misunderstanding. He said that over the rail is 75.00 more and he basically took the discount from me that he was giving for filling a cancellation. He then told me that I would have to pay 470.00 for the job. I said yeah right!I told him it is not up to me to know his prices and ther is no way for me to know that he may have given me the wrong quote. I told him he should honor the price he gave. This is when he really got an attitude with me and told me that he does not have to honor anything beacause it was HIS business! I said I was not going to argue with him but gave him some business advice. As a business owner, if you screw up and give a low price, you should honor it and not make the customer feel that it is his fault. Certainly do not imply that the customer is lying. I informed him that he not only lost my business but any business of friends that have buy trucks and need liners. I do think that Line-X as a product is great but not at that price. Anyway, sorry for the long post but I just wanted to let everyone know not to deal with this particular franchise of Line-X at <!-- 2704 Transportation Ave., National City, Ca. 91950 --> edited by admin