Old 04-09-2009, 12:35 AM
richardfine
Mountain Pass
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Cmon guys...
Obviously no one so far has a clue, and further more, I hope that I don't drive near some of you on the road, as there is not much of a thought process I have seen in any posts as of yet.

My truck wet, and with passengers is about 7,200 lbs., add 2,000 for camper, then a few couple hundred for gear, food ect. and lets just say we are at around 10,000 pounds... which is now 600 pounds over my load limit.

When calculating what the load on the rear tires are, with a camper, I would use 65% of the total load which would be 6,500 pounds.
Divide that total in half, which would be what each rear tire roughly will see, with "smooth" driving, no bumps, swag, or other rough pressures...each rear tire is seeing 3,250 pounds.

Now, add in potholes, rough terrain, etc. and you can see why I'm asking for heavy load rated tires.

It's sure funny how many people "assume" that because they are driving a truck, if it can "fit" it's safe...

Scary... very scary.. please, do some research on your own trucks, and be safe for all of us

Rick